RECIPE: Raspberry Kisses
Valentines Day; a day of love, red roses and chocolate. Whether you’re celebrating Valentine’s Day or Galentine’s Day, having a little sweet treat should be on the agenda. Maybe you’re like me, a sweet lover. If you are, these raspberry kisses are perfect.
The raspberry kisses biscuit base is gluten free, low in sugar and full of flavour. They are quick and easy to make, for those that need a last minute gift idea. The chocolate filling is a delicious choc-raspberry flavour, offering a subtle twist on the usual straight-up chocolate.
As a nutritionist, I am often teaching the act of balance; particularly in a world of sensational headlines and fad diets. A treat, such as these raspberry kisses can be consumed within a healthy diet. And don’t worry if you don’t have a BAE, self-love is just as important and if that is not enough, they also work as a pre-surf treat.
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup almond meal
- ½ cup walnuts, crushed
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
Chocolate Raspberry Filling
- ¼ cup + 2 TBS cacao
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 TBS maple syrup
- 2/3 cup / 6-8 raspberries, crushed
- Preheat your oven to 180°C
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the walnuts into your food processor and blend at very high speed until crushed.
- Add the other base dry ingredients until everything has completely broken down.
- Add the vanilla and maple syrup, blend until the mixture sticks together and resembles a dough like consistency.
- Scoop a tablespoon size amount of mixture into your hand and roll into a ball.
- Using the back of a teaspoon measure, press a well into each ball to create a cup shape.
- Bake in the oven for 10mins. Pull out of the oven, repress the wells with the teaspoon and place back in the oven for another 10mins.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- Crush raspberries, so they’re a pulp.
- Combine the crushed raspberries with the remaining chocolate ingredients, in a food processor and blend until well combined.
- Spoon the chocolate mixture into each base and place in the fridge for at least an hour before eating.