Shane Dorian, An All-Round Surfer
Shane Dorian, with his loyal nature, fearless attitude, and humble resolve, has captured the imagination of the surfing world for almost 30 years. Hailing from the Big Island of Hawaii and carrying with him the unexpendable Mana that emanates from the Hawaiian ocean, Dorian’s approach to the water has garnered a rare form of respect among his peers that transcends more competitive feats.
-Photo: A throwback to Shane's first ever time on a real surfboard and the beginning of a still ongoing love affair with riding waves. -
- Photo: A classic from the opening ceremony of the Eddie Aikau. -
Dorian, regarded as the worldΓÇÖs pinnacle big-wave surfer, was also one of the most feared professional surfers of the 90ΓÇÖs, achieving world-ranked #4 in 2000 before leaving the competitive arena to focus on family and the lure of big-wave surfing.
- Photo Pat Stacy : summertime swells.-
- Photo Pat Stacy : About to take on the heavy weight champ∩╕Å. -
- Photo SanDisk.com: Peahi (aka Jaws), Maui.-
- Photo: Charging low tide with the groms at Cloudbreak. -
When designing his signature wetsuit, the Xero Enduro, Shane wanted an innovative combination of flex, strength, durability and warmth, which would allow him to surf all around the world, all throughout the year.