Introducing the Cigars LT Boardshort - part of the Billabong LAB collection with the iconic New York artist, Jean-Michel Basquiat. Influenced by street art, comics and children’s sketches, Basquiat turned a series of blank
notebooks into groundbreaking iconography, which now lives bold in your favorite boardshorts. Carefully crafted with eco and performance-minded 4-way stretch recycled fabric, we've paired premium Billabong boardshort technology with Basquiat's groundbreaking work. As disruptive as he was iconic, Basquiat’s scrawling lines, & vibrant, clashing colors are now emblazoned across the premium garments of our Billabong LAB collection.
The nuts and bolts
- Printed boardshorts.
- Billabong x Basquiat Collection.
- Lo Tides Fit: Shorter cut and modern fit, perfect for a quick shred or a lounge on the beach.
- On seam pockets to take you from surf to sand.
- Lasso waist: full-waist drawcord for a precise fit.
- Recycler 4-Way Stretch Fabric: A high performance fabric made from recycled PET plastic bottles. The perfect combination of performance and comfort..
- Micro Repel: coats fabric to eliminate saturation & repels water, keeping your boardshorts dryer and lighter, longer.
- Mid length: 18 inch outseam.
- Material: Recycled stretch.
- Basquiat Collection.
- Billabong is proud to announce a special collection featuring the work of Jean-Michel Basquiat. This collaboration comes through Billabong LAB, a division that supports artists, musicians, designers, photographers.
- Jean-Michel Basquiat is considered one of the most important artists of the 20th century. His iconic works are edgy and raw with a bold sense of color and composition, mixing urban influence with primitivism.
- In this collection, we embrace Basquiat’s unique balance of contradictory forces and his dynamic influence on youth cuLTure — bringing some of the world’s most inspiring exclusive art to this collection of boardshorts and products.